This will be the fourth time this artists’ exchange programme will be held in the Himalayan Region and we are inviting you to join us for a nominal fee of $1,000 ($250/week).This cost includes all arrangements of accommodation, meals, airport pick up and transfer to Manila, workshops, entertainment programme, and weekend cultural tours (excluding airfare). We ask that our guest artists arrive in Delhi on February 10th between 8am to 2 pm. After this time artists must make their own arrangements to the residency (with our offered guidance).
In order to experience this truly amazing region and its culture,
Please apply here (online) for our next upcoming residency and come experience this truly amazing region and its culture with us. You will find the relevant information regarding the submission requirements and process outlined below.
Dates to remember:
Application submission for the next residency is open to all. Please send us your application before October 2nd, 2016.
Once you have been selected for the PECAH residency you will be asked to submit the non-refundable payment of $500 (half of the whole payment).
Must read before applying:
Apply by sending the completed application form to the following,
When applying include the following with the application form:
- A resume / CV (online or CD).
- A brief statement, covering your interest, art practice and why you want to join this residency.
- 5 images or examples of your current practice which represents your artistic ability. If you are a writer it may be difficult to appraise text due to language barriers. However, we encourage you to give us an idea of your style and inspirations.
- List your choice of four workshops you would like to participate in over the four week period (view the workshop page for more details).
We will do our best to accommodate your first choices of workshops on the basis of minimum numbers per workshop choice attained.
- If any artist wants to work on their own personal/individual projects during this time please notify us at the time of application and provide a brief essay on this work and what assistance you would like or require from PECAH. We work hard to accommodate the needs of a variety of artists. However, we ask that all expectations of PECAH and the artist be agreed upon and understood prior to acceptance.
- Each workshops is one week long (four in a month). There are no restrictions or obligations to do each and every workshop. If an artist wants to continue a workshop for longer than a week it can be arranged.
Scheduled dates of Workshops/Celebrations and Trips:
The workshop schedule is designed to allow all artists to participate in the workshops of their choice and may result in overlapping of your chosen workshops. This is uncommon and dependent on the number of artists participating in the residency. The schedule is created and made available after the acceptance of all artists.
**The must-not-miss attractions of Almora (Uttarakhand)
|FamousDances:||Kumaon – Ramola, Chapeli, Chancheri, Jhora, Choliya Dance, Thali, Jaddu and Jhainta.
Garhwal – LangvirNritya, Barada Nati, PandavaNritya, Shotiya Tribal Folk Dances.
|Tribal Dance:||Bhotiya Dance Performed by the Bhotiya Tribe.|
|Popular Subject:||Spirituality, Ceremonies, Festivals, Love, Death, Birth.|
|Must Listen :||Jagars, Folk Song of Kumaon as well as Garhwal that Falls in the Category of Ghost and Spiritual Worship|
|Famous Songs:||Chhopati – Love, Basanti – Festival, Mangal – Marriages, Jagars – Spirituality, Bajuband – Love and Sacrifice, Khuded – Sacrifice and Cursing, Chhura – Advising.|
|Not to be Missed:||Participating in the LangvirNritya, an Acrobatic Dance Performed by Males.|
|Musical Instruments:||Drum (Dhol), Damua (a Smaller Drum), Hurka and Thall.|
|Most Popular Fair:||KumbhMela in Haridwar – Held Once in 12 Years.|
|Religious Festivals:||BasantPanchami – Late January or Early February, MakarSankranti – January.|
|Local Festivals:||Phool Dei Festival – March, Harela and Bhaitauli – July, Olgia – August, BalSavitri – June and Ganga Dussehra – June.|
|World Famous Festival:||International Yoga Week in February.|
|Interesting Fact:||It is Said That Those Who do not Take Holy Dips in Ganges During MakarSankranti Will Be Born as Donkeys in Their Next Life.|
|Famous Fairs:||Jauljibi and Thal – November,|